Monday, March 30, 2009

Recession TV Jizz

Ever since the economy has gone south, I have had to bid farewell to my DVR, which is one of my husband & I's favorite things. After the initial shock and dismay, we are starting to get into a real groove with our television habits. We take advantage of full episode streams online, of course, but we are extremely grateful to the Wheel/Jeopardy power hour and Netflix on demand!



I know I sound like an old lady when I talk about "the wheel," but there is nothing like fixing yourself a smart cocktail after work and settling back for an hour of watching bored hosts give away money to extremely excited and confused people. Both Jeopardy and Wheel are so fast-moving, you don't have time to even understand the rules, but that's part of the fun. Especially when they go on location! Like why was Vanna in a wet suit at Sea World for a whole month? Jared is better at Wheel than I am, but I rule at Jeopardy.



I have loved Netflix long and well, but the on demand feature is amazing! I mean, I can watch terrible movies with just a click of the mouse!

So, faithful readers, don't let this nightmarish recession get you down. We at TIJA are always half-full, and for that we can be thankful.

PS. TNT & TBS are Mac Haters, so the shows that we love on those networks will receive no jizzes. BOOO!

No comments: