Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jizzia Child



I did love the book Julie & Julia, but after reading Julia Child's autobiographical, My Life in France, I am truly inspired! The story begins when Julia Child was in her mid-thirties, working as a spy and was, by all stupid societal standards, an old maid. When she was 36, she married Paul Child who was the love of her life. They embarked on adventure and intrigue. No children, but lots of delicious food and fascinating travel. She was hardworking and fun-loving and lived to be 93. She wanted everyone to find joy in their lives and believed that people were what mattered. She found her life's work at the age of 40, so no moping for me as I approach 30. I think I'll go cook something with a vat of butter and maybe some brains! Jizz Appetit, Julia!

ETA: Jane Lynch loves Julia, too!

1 comment:

Alicia K. said...

Julia Child was a badass!!